TITLE: Principal Engineer
REPORTS TO: Associate Vice President
OFFICE LOCATION: Aegis ITS – Miami, FL
This position will be responsible for the management of large and strategically important Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Construction, Maintenance and/or Integration projects in Aegis’ Eastern Region. The position will provide technical leadership in Aegis ITS and project management.
Duties include serving as the Aegis ITS project management and engineering leader in the Miami, FL office. In this capacity, the employee will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for management of project outcomes in accordance with contract scope and terms, schedule, budget, risk, and performance to target revenues and margins.
- Support business development activities including opportunity identification, qualification, bid/proposal development, and pricing
- Review bid and proposal requirements and specifications. Assist in the development of technical proposal responses, including estimates of technical development and integration
- Support business development activities on-site, including demonstrations, customer training, and oral interviews
- Operational management includes support of the development of the department annual plan (budget), management of monthly financial performance to plan, and corrective actions as required
- Recruitment and management of project staff, including project work assignments, training, equipment and materials, compliance, and safety
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to self-perform many of the tasks that may be assigned on any given project
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in a related field with 10+ years of experience
- Certification as a Professional Engineer (PE)
- Working knowledge of transportation and arterial traffic signal management
- Proficiency in relevant software applications including office automation and project
- Must have an acceptable DMV record to meet company driving standards.
- Technical competence in system engineering principle and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Understanding of financial operations
- Ability to effectively manage direct and indirect reports
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certification as a Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE)
- Certification as a Level 1 or higher with the International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA)
As needed to project locations and company facilities across the U.S.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – Non-Smoking Facility
By submitting an application for employment, I the applicant, certify that all of the above information (including resume and other attachments) is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I authorize Econolite Group, Inc. to request information from my previous employers and school officials and I release all concerned from any liability for furnishing such information. In the event of employment, I understand that willful omission, falsification or misrepresentation may constitute grounds for termination. It should be remembered, that employment is the mutual consent of Econolite Group, Inc. and the employee. Consequently, either the employee or the Econolite Group, Inc. can terminate the relationship “at will.”
In consideration of my employment, I agree to conform to all of the policies, rules and standards of the Company. I understand and agree to submit to a drug-screening and background check as part of a conditional offer of employment, and any other lawful pre-employment screening tests. I also understand that an offer of employment by the Company is conditional upon successfully passing a company-provided medical examination/drug screen and background screen. I understand that my refusal to take the medical examination/drug screen will cause the contingent offer of employment to be withdrawn and/or terminated if employed.