DATE POSTED: 7/28/2017
TITLE: ITS Senior Field Technician
REPORTS TO: Manager
LOCATION: Aegis ITS, Inc. Miami, FL
Under general direction, lead and support Aegis ITS by performing skilled work in the installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of traffic signals and other Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) devices. This includes troubleshooting, maintenance, installation and repair of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) equipment, including Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), Video Detection Systems (VDS), Changeable Message Signs (CMS), Radar Detection Systems (RDS), and Ramp Meter Systems (RMS). This includes components associated with the systems such as cabinets and contents, detector units, wireless transmitter/receivers, and all communications equipment dedicated to the individual sites and transmission to the Ethernet switch in the hub.
- Technicians shall have knowledge of electrical and electronics theory; basic terminology, principles, methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical, electronic and telecommunications equipment, including solid-state circuits and transistors; safety precautions while working with electricity, including the National Electric Code, the Electric Orders of the Division of Industrial Safety, and CAL/OSHA safety, and health regulations
- Technicians shall also have the ability to make rough sketches and draw diagrams (including either use of Microsoft Visio, CAD package or equivalent), list material needs, complete work reports, work independently without close supervision, and establish and maintain effective, cooperative relations with those contracted at work, act as a lead worker, instruct assistants, establish and maintain a safe work environment, order materials and equipment, and make daily work reports
- Technicians shall be able to install, repair, and maintain a wide variety of electrical and wiring, cable testing requirements/standards, color coding/proper termination sequence, wiring/cable qualified uses, and knowledge of Electronic Industries Association (EIA)/Telecommunications Industry Associated (TIA) standards, and the ability to read electrical schematic, symbology/drawings, and construction blue prints.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- Five (5) or more years of traffic related experience
- Electrician certification preferred
- IMSA Level II, IMSA Level III and IMSA Traffic Signal Inspector preferred
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Knowledge of principles and practices of traffic control guidelines, both state and local
- Knowledge of Fiber cable and networking equipment, Fiber training preferred
- Ability to interpret design schematics, site plans, maps, and engineering drawings
As needed to support project work
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – Non-Smoking Facility