ITS Florida Member Services Committee
The Member Services Committee handles membership, benefits, awards and scholarships.
Members of ITSFL include private and public entities. Members may include vendors, consulting firms, local, state and federal governments, students and affiliates.
Membership benefits include:
- Discounts to ITSFL Events such as Transpo , Exhibitions & Trainings.
- Lunch-and-Learn training and workshops held throughout the State.
- Earn Professional Development Hours (PDH) through ITSFL sponsored Webinars held Quarterly.
- Planning and Participation for Industry Events and Exhibitions in Florida.
- Participation in ITS Technical Subcommittees.
- Networking with Agencies, Consultants and Vendors.
- Monthly Newsletter and Teleconferences.
- Access to ITSFL scholarships.
The Awards Subcommittee
The Awards Subcommittee annually solicits recommendations and recommends winners of ITS Florida Awards. The chairperson coordinates with the Awards Subcommittee members to provide for appropriate discussions regarding possible awards, and provides the ITS Florida Member Services Committee with a list of recommendations, with the ranking that the Awards Subcommittee has agreed upon.
Awards Presented by ITS Florida:
There are two primary awards presented by ITS Florida each year: the ITS Florida Member of the Year, recognizing their outstanding achievement as an organization, and the ITS Professional of the Year, recognizing an ITSFL organizational member’s representative for outstanding achievement. Additional awards that may be awarded are the following:
- ITS Florida President’s Award—to an ITSFL organizational member for sustained superior service to ITSFL.
- ITS Champion—to any proponent of ITS for outstanding service in promoting ITS in the State ofFlorida or nationally.
- Certificate of Outstanding Achievement—to an organization or individual for outstanding accomplishments worthy of recognition by ITS Florida.
The primary criteria for nomination and selection are: (1) the work is operational or about to be operational; (2) the work is of major significance to improve transportation in Florida (3) the work is a major innovation in any aspect of ITS; or (4) the work is of state or national significance.
All award decisions will be made by the ITS Florida Board of Directors. Upon review, the ITS Florida Board of Directors will advise the Awards Subcommittee Chairperson of the selected award recipients so that the proper plaques or certificates may be prepared.
The Scholarship Subcommittee
The Scholarship Subcommittee annually solicits and recommends candidate(s) for the ITS Florida scholarship(s). Previous student participants representing the following universities have included: University of Florida, University of South Florida, University of Central Florida, Florida Atlantic University, and Florida International University. Two scholarships are typically awarded at the bi-annual Transpo conference, or at the ITS Florida annual banquet.