Traffic Signal/ITS Technician Assistant
TITLE: Traffic Signal/ITS Technician Assistant
REPORTS TO: Aegis ITS, Regional Manager
LOCATION: Aegis ITS, Inc. Miami, FL
Under general direction, support Aegis ITS by performing work in the installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of traffic signals and other Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) devices.
- Assist in performing maintenance for traffic signal controllers and cabinets, and perform basic troubleshooting of wiring problems in cabinets, as well as underground
- Under direction, install various types of traffic signal controllers, video detection systems, CCTV. Install and remove temporary/permanent replacement poles, signal heads, ISNS, street lighting and/or combination of these items
- Assist to troubleshoot and repair wiring problems in the street, up to and including the replacement of conductors in conduit; test and splice loop detectors in the street
- Perform all job functions of Utility Technician and any other assignments as requested
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
- One (1) to Five (5) years of related traffic experience, electrical experience preferred
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, practices, and methods used in installing, maintaining, and repairing traffic signals, ITS devices and associated equipment preferred. Video Detection configuration, troubleshooting and repair experience highly desired
- Knowledge of principles and practices of traffic control guidelines, both state and local, in addition to pertinent federal, state, and local codes, laws, and regulations regarding electronics
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
- Ability to interpret design schematics, site plans, maps, and engineering drawings
- Ability to wire and connect cables necessary for operation of signalized intersections preferred
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable DMV record
- Ability to exert moderate physical effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and may involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 50 pounds.)
- Willing to travel as required for project work
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V. Drug-Free and Non-Smoking Workplace. All candidates that accept employment will be subject to drug/alcohol and background screens.